The CCH9 19 SEER heat pump is the top of the line from Day & Night HVAC. Its efficiency is way above minimum Energy Star requirements, so it’s a good choice for lowering energy use where winters are long and quite cold and/or summers are hot and humid. The two-stage compressor runs on low most of the time to produce longer, quieter cycles that deliver steady indoor temperatures. When you pair the Day & Night CCH9 heat pump with a variable speed blower, the best climate control including optimal dehumidification in the summer is achieved.
This Day and Night CCH9 heat pump review gives you the data you need to research this model and compare it with other models we’re considering. Like all of our HVAC reviews, this one includes features and prices, so you’ve got the facts needed to make an informed decision.
Top Features of the Day & Night CCH9 2-stage Heat Pump
As you’re checking out similar models, keep in mind that this is an International Comfort Products brand, so it is essentially the same heat pump as the best from Heil, Arcoaire, Tempstar and other ICP brands. It is comparable to the second-best models from brands like Carrier, Trane and Maytag. Here is what it offers:
- 19 SEER / 10 HSPF are Energy Star rated
- Communicating technology means that system components share data to maximize efficiency and climate control
- Observer Wall Control thermostat required for optimal communicating performance
- The Copeland UltraTech scroll compressor is one of the top-rated in the industry
- Bi-flow filter drier and suction line accumulator increase efficiency and durability
- High-pressure and low-pressure switches enhance compressor longevity
- Ball-bearing ECM fan motor uses less electricity than standard motors
- Baked powder-coat finish and coated screws enhance appearance and durability
Day & Night CCH9 Heat Pump Prices
2 ton Day & Night CCH9 19 SEER heat pump price: $3,329
3 ton Day & Night CCH9 19 SEER heat pump price: $3,689
4 ton Day & Night CCH9 19 SEER heat pump price: $4,149
5 ton Day & Night CCH9 19 SEER heat pump price: $4,559
Day & Night CCH9 Heat Pump Warranty
The compressor is covered with a 10-year No Hassle warranty which means that if it fails in the first decade, the entire heat pump will be replaced. All other parts are backed by a 10-year limited warranty when the unit is registered in a timely way. File your warranty registration as soon as the unit is installed to make sure you’re covered for the full 10 years.
Don’t Overlook Quality Installation
A bad installation job will ruin the performance of a highly rated heat pump like this one. We suggest looking for a qualified contractor with a track record of excellent installation and service. Getting multiple estimates from dealers in your area is the best way to find the right combination of cost and quality installation. When you do, the Day & Night CCH9 heat pump will give you the efficiency and indoor comfort you expect.