Today’s heat pumps offer efficiencies and performance that were unheard of in the heat pump industry just 10-15 years ago, and models like the Carrier Performance Series Model 25HPA5 heat pump demonstrate that quite well. Excellent efficiency and economical costs characterize this unit that is highly rated in heat pump reviews. We offer our own Carrier Performance Series Model 25HPA5 heat pump review for your consideration. Take a look at comparable units from Trane, Lennox and others in our HVAC reviews section.
Key Features of the Carrier Performance Series Model 25HPA5 Heat Pump
- Up to 15.0 SEER for cooling and up to 8.5 HSPF for heating.
- Exceeds Energy Star requirements and is eligible for the extended federal tax credit for energy efficiency.
- Quiet 69db operation achieved with insulation blanket, airflow baffle, rubber motor mounts and more.
- Scroll compressor is efficient and quiet.
- Uses Puron refrigerant, also known as R-410A, which is environmentally safe and superior to R22.
- Filter dryer maintains filtering and enhances performance.
- WeatherArmor galvanized steel cabinet protects internal components from elements, falling debris and more.
- May be used with highly rated Carrier Infinity controls.
- Works well as part of a complete HVAC system and is Hybrid Heat compatible with select furnaces.
- Units available with 2-5 ton cooling capacity and heating from 24,000 to 60,000 Btu
Carrier Performance Series Model 25HPA5 Heat Pump Prices
This high quality unit from Carrier is offered as a heat pump only or as part of a split system with a matched coil and air handler. Here’s a sampling of current market prices.
Carrier Performance Series 25HPA5 3.0 ton / 36,000 Btu split system heat pump: $3,299
Carrier Performance Series 25HPA5 4.0 ton / 48,000 Btu split system heat pump: $3,499
Carrier Performance Series 25HPA5 5.0 ton / 60,000 Btu split system heat pump: $3,688
Carrier Performance Series 25HPA5 3.0 ton / 36,000 Btu split system heat pump Installed: $7,900
Keep in mind that prices for equipment and installation vary based on a variety of circumstances. If you purchase a Carrier heat pump online, hire a professional contractor to install it to ensure safe and efficient operation and to validate the unit’s warranty.
Carrier Performance Series 25HPA5 Heat Pump Warranty
Carrier stands behind their heat pumps and hybrid/dual heat systems with a solid 10-year limited warranty on all operational parts. Carrier furnaces carry a longer warranty on the heat exchanger. Extended warranties that cover labor for up to 10 years can be purchased from Carrier.
Enjoy Total Comfort with Professional Installation
Installing and setting up a heat pump or split system can be very difficult. Precise adjustments and settings will determine whether the system achieves peak efficiencies or falls short, or perhaps even fails. Get the best fuel economy and lowest heating costs, along with the greatest heating and cooling comfort by hiring a qualified contractor to install, set up and test your system. You’ll have the peace of mind that you’re getting your money’s worth.