If you are looking for a quality heat pump at a very reasonable entry price, one that will still deliver good cooling and heating efficiency, the Carrier Comfort Series Model 25HBC5 Heat Pump is worth a close look. It is a popular choice among budget-minded homeowners, builders, and those in moderate climates who use their systems less than those in hotter or colder climates. Here is our Carrier Base Series Model 25HBC5 Heat Pump Review as part of our ongoing series of HVAC reviews.
Key Features of the Carrier Comfort Series Model 25HBC5 Heat Pump
- 15 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating which surpasses Energy Star requirements.
- Up to 8.8 HSPF for heating.
- Can be installed as the primary heat source, with a heat strip, or as part of a hybrid system utilizing a gas furnace.
- Uses environmentally sound Puron/R-410A refrigerant is more efficient than R22 refrigerant.
- Efficient single-stage scroll compressor uses less electricity and runs quietly.
- Quiet operation as low as 71 db is achieved through the compressor insulation and other noise-reducing features.
- WeatherArmor galvanized exterior is rugged and strong to protect the unit from the elements and falling debris.
- WeatherShield corrosion-resistant coating is available in coastal areas.
- Supports Thermidistat control for enhanced dehumidification.
- Cost-effective heat source down to 30 degrees or lower in some circumstances.
- Multiple sizes available from 1.5 ton to 5.0 ton.
Carrier ComfortSeries Model 25HBC5 Heat Pump Prices
This unit can be purchased online or from a local dealer. Here is a sampling of online prices.
Carrier 25HBC5 3.0 ton / 36,000 Btu heat pump only: $2,499
Carrier 25HBC5 4.0 ton / 48,000 Btu heat pump only: $2,900
Carrier 25HBC5 5.0 ton / 60,000 Btu heat pump only: $3,199
Carrier 25HBC5 2.5 ton / 30,000 Btu complete system: $3,599
Carrier 25HBC5 3.5 ton / 42,000 Btu complete system: $4,099
These prices do not include shipping, though shipping is often free from online sellers. Installation, of course, is not included.
Carrier ComfortSeries Model 25HBC5 Heat Pump Warranty
Carrier stands behind these cost effective units with their standard 10-year limited warranty that covers all functional parts of the unit, and pays for labor for 1 year. Extended warranties are also available from Carrier that may cover labor for up to 10 years. Some heat pump reviews recommend an extended warranty on any heat pump as good insurance.
Enjoy Great Performance with Expert Installation
Even those with excellent DIY skills shy away from HVAC installation because of the specialized skills and tools required, plus the need for precise calibrations and settings to make sure the system is safe, reliable and operating as it should. You’ll get the best efficiency, performance and longevity from the system, plus have confidence that no dangerous leaks exist, if a qualified contractor with good experience installs your Carrier 25HBC5 by itself or as part of a hybrid heating and cooling system.