When it comes to keeping you cool in the hot summer months nothing works as well as a central air conditioner. In addition, they are a great way to get the humidity in your house down to a comfortable level. In some parts of the country removing the humidity is even more important than cooling the air! Here at webhvac.com we have tried to put together a comprehensive list of AC system reviews as part of our HVAC reviews on the site. Please see the following for our latest central air conditioner reviews:
- WebHVAC March 2017 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
- WebHVAC February 2017 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
- WebHVAC January 2017 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
- WebHVAC December 2016 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
- WebHVAC November 2016 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
- Daikin Central Air Conditioner Price List
- Daikin Heat Pump Price List
- Daikin Gas Furnace Price List
- Daikin Packaged Unit Price List
- WebHVAC October 2016 Monthly Top 5 HVAC Stories
When it comes time to find that replacement AC system for your home you need to keep several things in mind as to how to evaluate one AC unit with another. However, one stands above the rest and that is the efficiency rating of the unit. Air conditioner efficiency is measured in terms of SEER rating which signifies how much energy the units uses in a “typical” season. Put simply, the higher the SEER rating, the less energy it will use in your home to cool it. Keep in mind that the latest and greatest units have SEER ratings up to 20 SEER, which a common unit from only a decade ago was likely to be 8-10 SEER. This can lead to a large energy savings.
Central Air Conditioner Pricing
When it comes time to price the ac unit there are a few things that really drive the price:
- Size of air conditioner – the larger the unit the more you are going to spend, plain and simply. Central air units run in terms of tons, with each increment being in terms of ½ ton. The larger the unit, the more material and the higher the price.
- Brand – the better the “name” the brand, the more you are going to pay. Companies like Carrier, Lennox and Trane have built a quality name and will drive a larger price. If you go with a bargain brand like Payne or Goodman you are likely to get a better price.
- Quality of components and materials – the higher quality components simply cost more. The top of the line units of each brand will cost more, plain and simply because they put better parts in them.
We have strived to put a good cross section of the central ac systems available on the market in terms of both brands and models. If there is one that you would like to have added, please contact us or add a comment to our site and we will work on getting it out there for you. For a second source of HVAC reviews I would suggest going over to furnacecompare.com.