Bryant Evolution Plus 98M Gas Furnace Review
This 98% modulating furnace will slash energy use and costs while making your home very comfortable. The modulating gas valve fires in 1% increments to deliver precise heating that keeps temperatures balanced within your home. The furnace runs at a fairly low capacity most of the time, but can run at 100% when you want to boost the temperature quickly.
The Bryant Evolution Plus 98m furnace unit features a variable-speed blower that starts low, so there’s no blast of semi-warm air at the beginning. When the furnace is fully-heated, the fan ramps up to high to ensure balanced heating.
This furnace made our Top Rated Gas Furnaces 2013 list. All the models on the list have gas furnace reviews on this site.
Top Features of the Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace
- 98.3% AFUE is Energy Star rated and one of the best efficiency levels available.
- Modulated heat delivers precise temperature control and balance.
- Variable-speed blower optimizes climate control.
- Installer can adjust blower speed for greatest comfort.
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
- Stainless steel secondary heat exchanger.
- Perfect Heat ™ technology ensures reliable, consistent heating from cycle to cycle.
- Perfect Humidity ™ technology uses a constant low-speed fan to remove more humidity when the system is cooling with an AC.
- Also known as the Bryant 987M gas furnace.
- Use Evolution Control for best performance.
- 4-way design for upflow/downflow/L&R horizontal flow.
Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace Price
All modulating furnaces are fairly pricey since the technology is so new. However, most of the top brands are making them, so pricing might come down. Here are current Bryant Evolution Plus 98M gas furnace prices.
60,000 BTU Bryant Evolution Plus 98M gas furnace: $2,489
80,000 Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace: $2,749
100,000 Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace: $3,059
120,000 Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace: $3,289
Bryant Evolution Plus 98m Gas Furnace Warranty
Bryant’s warranty on all its furnaces is about average for the industry. This model is covered by a lifetime limited heat exchanger warranty and a 10-year parts warranty. Bryant has one of the top 5-7 service records in the industry on an annual basis, and this furnace should be expected to last 20 years, possibly more with consistent maintenance.
Quality Installation will Maximize your Investment
This is an expensive furnace, and you’ll get the most return from it when it is properly installed. Poor-quality installation may reduce the efficiency level and lead to premature mechanical failure. There are dangers too, with potential gas leaks or leaks of hazardous exhaust gases. Hire a qualified contractor with certification from Bryant. You may want to get several estimates and choose the contractor with the greatest expertise based on your research.