Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A Review
The Performance 14 model 48VL-A is an Energy Star 14 SEER gas pack that will help control utility costs throughout the year. It runs fairly quietly and offers advanced dehumidification in warm weather. This unit is part of Carrier’s second-best line and costs less than Carrier Infinity models. The Carrier Performance 14 gas pack is built with quality components and is backed by a good warranty. This packaged gas/electric unit should give you 15-20 years of reliable heating and cooling.
This Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A review gives you details you can use to evaluate this model for your purposes. For comparison, browse our HVAC reviews of other gas packs and heat pump package systems from Carrier, Trane, Lennox and other top brands.
Top Features of the Carrier Performance 48VL-A Packaged System
- 14 SEER cooling; 80.1% AFUE heating; Energy Star rated.
- Single-stage heating and cooling for basic performance.
- Multi-speed fan helps create more balanced temperatures.
- Aluminized steel, tubular heat exchanger offers good durability and efficient performance.
- TXV valve installed to maintain steady cooling.
- Puron refrigerant won’t deplete ozone in the atmosphere.
- Composite base pan and drain won’t rust.
- Corrosion-resistant parts throughout helps it last longer.
- Capacity: 2-5 tons; 40K-130K BTUs.
Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A Price
Carrier Performance models feature high quality, so the price is higher than average. Here are current gas pack prices for this model.
2 ton Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A: $3,519
3 ton Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A: $3,849
4 ton Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A: $4,459
5 ton Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A: $5,129
With Energy Star efficiency, this model is a good choice for any climate, though no gas pack will give you the same levels of efficiency as a split system. Whenever you have an option, a split system is a better choice in very warm and very cold climates.
Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A Warranty
Carrier offers very good warranties on all of its HVAC products. This one is backed by a 20-year heat exchanger warranty and a 10-year compressor and parts warranty.
How to Keep your Carrier Performance 14 Gas Pack Running its Best
Like any packaged unit, the Carrier Performance 14 48VL-A should be installed by a qualified contractor with good experience, and it should be maintained on a regular basis. Most units should be serviced every 1-2 years to clean the coil and burner, check the refrigerant level and to look for minor repairs to be fixed in order to prevent major repairs from being required.
You Might Also Like
- Carrier Performance™ Series Packaged HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System Model: 48VT Review
- Carrier Infinity Series Packaged HYBRID HEAT Dual Fuel System MODEL: 48XT Review
- Carrier Infinity Series Packaged Gas Furnace and Air Conditioner System Model: 48XL Review
- Carrier Packaged Unit Price List
- Carrier Comfort™ Series Packaged 13 SEER HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System Model: 48EZ Review