York Packaged Heating and Cooling Systems Affinity Gas/Electric Model DNZ Review
The York Affinity DNZ package unit is a 13 SEER AC with an 80% gas furnace. It provides basic heating and cooling at a reasonable price. With the low SEER, this model is best for moderate and cool climates where saving money on the system might be a cost-effective choice over higher efficiency that will lower utility bills. York typically offers good warranties on their HVAC components, but this one is slightly below average for package units.
This York Affinity DNZ package unit review gives you the details you need as you consider this gas pack for your home or light-commercial building. We review gas packs from all the leading brands, so see our gas package unit reviews for similar models for comparison of features and prices.
Top Features of the York Packaged Heating and Cooling Systems Affinity DNZ
- 13.4 SEER cooling and 80% heating are not Energy Star rated.
- Single-phase residential and 3-phase commercial models available in 2-5 ton capacities.
- Low-nox rated for CA and commercial installation available as an option.
- Aluminized steel heat exchanger is durable and corrosion-resistant.
- Compressor protected by monitors and pressure switches to enhance longevity.
- Durable galvanized steel cabinet is powder-coated to look better longer.
York Packaged Heating and Cooling Systems Affinity DNZ Price
We include pricing in our HVAC reviews so you can compare models in all the important areas. This model is affordably priced compared with more efficient gas packs from Bryant, Lennox or Carrier. It’s a popular choice where lower equipment cost is preferred to getting the highest efficiency possible. Here are current prices for the most popular sizes. These prices are for residential units. Add 15% for commercial 3-phase units.
2 ton York Affinity DNZ packaged unit: $2,899
3 ton York Affinity DNZ packaged unit: $3,229
4 ton York Affinity DNZ packaged unit: $3,659
5 ton York Affinity DNZ packaged unit: $3,979
York Affinity DNZ Packaged Unit Warranty
Residential: 20-year heat exchanger warranty, 10-year compressor and parts warranty.
Commercial: 20-year heat exchanger warranty, 5-year compressor warranty, 1-year parts warranty.
Extend the Life of your Package Unit
The best way to get the most from your York gas/electric package unit is to have it installed by a professional and then keep it maintained every 1-2 years. Get multiple written estimates and check on the experience and reputation of each company. Choose the qualified contractor you believe will do the best job, and then have the system inspected and serviced regularly. When properly maintained, it will run at peak efficiency and fewer expensive repairs will be required.
You Might Also Like
- York Packaged Heating and Cooling Systems Affinity Gas/Electric Model DNX Review
- York Affinity Series Model CZE 15 SEER Central Air Conditioner Review
- York Affinity Series Model CZF 16 SEER Central Air Conditioner Review
- York Affinity Series Model CZH 18 SEER Central Air Conditioner Review
- York Affinity Series Model TCHD 13 SEER Central Air Conditioner Rating