Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 Gas Pack Review
The Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 gas pack has an 80% 2-stage furnace for increased indoor comfort. It’s one of the few 2-stage models available, especially at the affordable prices Goodman offers. With 15 SEER cooling, it’s more efficient than most, a good fit for moderate to warm climates where higher efficiency is required in order to keep utility bills lower. While gas packages are not nearly as efficient as split systems, this one does pretty well.
In this Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 gas pack review, you’ll get the information you need as you evaluate this model and compare it to other gas packs and systems you are considering. Our gas package unit reviews can help you decide which one best meets your needs.
Top Features of the Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 Gas Pack
- 15 SEER cooling is Energy Star qualified.
- 80% AFUE gas furnace does not meet Energy Star limits.
- Two-stage heating offers better temperature balance with less fluctuation.
- EEM blower is very efficient, running on less electricity.
- T-140 aluminized steel tubular heat exchanger resists cracking and corrosion.
- Built-in diagnostics protect the system and offer faster maintenance.
- Horizontal or downflow air flow, for installation options.
- Direct-spark ignition is efficient and reliable.
- Set up for natural gas but convertible to propane.
- Galvanized steel cabinet is rugged and powder-coated for a lasting finish.
Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 Gas Pack Prices
Goodman products are known for their quality, good warranties and their low prices. Compare these prices with costs found in all our HVAC reviews to find the gas pack or system that makes the most sense for your needs. Here are prices for the most popular sizes.
2 ton Goodman GPG15 gas pack: $2,659
3 ton Goodman GPG15 gas pack: $2,889
4 ton Goodman GPG15 gas pack: $3,239
5 ton Goodman GPG15 gas pack: $3,589
Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 Gas Pack Warranty
Goodman offers a 20-year heat exchange and 10-year parts warranty on this model, and that’s about average for top-tier gas package units. There are very few with better warranties.
How to Get the Best Performance from your Gas Pack
All HVAC systems need proper installation in order to run as efficiently and durably as they should. Cutting corners on installation will usually cost you money in the long-run. Get at least 3 written estimates for the cost of the equipment plus installation. Ask about experience and training, then choose the qualified contractor you believe will do the best job installing your new Goodman gas package unit. The Goodman 15 SEER GPG15 gas pack should give you 15+ years of service when properly installed and serviced.