Heil QuietComfort Model DX 1600 Central Air Conditioner Review
The Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 is a 16 SEER Energy Star, single-stage AC that offers a lower price but not as good climate control as comparable 2-stage models. With 16 SEER efficiency, it is a popular choice for climates with warm summers but not this with very high temperatures. In very warm climates, a more efficient model will cost more but be a better long-term value by reducing energy bills.
In this Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 central air conditioner review, we provide a summary of the features, pricing and warranty that give you the information you need to evaluate this model. We provide accurate pricing in all our HVAC reviews, so you can compare models head to head in all respects.
Top Features of the Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 Central Air Conditioner
- 16 SEER cooling is Energy Star rated.
- Single-stage performance reduces price but doesn’t control temperature or humidity as well as a 2-stage model.
- 2-speed fan runs on low most of the time to reduce noise, along with a compressor sound blanket.
- Wired for ComfortAlert diagnostics and system coordination that can increase efficiency.
- Copper tube and aluminum fin coil offers faster dissipation of heat for quick cooling.
- Pressure switches protect compressor and improve longevity.
- Sizes available from 1.5 ton to 5.0 ton for residential use.
Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 Central Air Conditioner Price
This unit is competitively priced with other 16 SEER, single-stage models from Trane, Lennox and other leading brands. See our central air conditioner reviews for similar models you may also want to consider. Here are current prices for popular sizes of the Heil QuietComfort DX 1600.
2 ton Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 air conditioner: $2,019
3 ton Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 air conditioner: $2,349
4 ton Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 air conditioner: $2,639
5 ton Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 air conditioner: $2,979
Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 Central Air Conditioner Warranty
Heil backs this model with one of the better warranties in the industry. The compressor and all parts are covered by a 10-year warranty that includes a 5-year unit replacement clause on the compressor. If the compressor fails in the first 5 years, Heil will replace the entire air conditioner.
The Value of Proper Installation
Even a quality AC like this one can be turned into junk by a poor installation job. It is essential that the unit be properly installed, tested and coordinated with the furnace to optimize efficiency and reduce the risk of mechanical issues. You’ll get better efficiency from the Heil QuietComfort DX 1600 AC and have fewer problems with it when you hire a qualified contractor to handle the installation.