Carrier Infinity Series Packaged Gas Furnace and Air Conditioner System Model: 48XL Review
The Carrier Infinity 48XL Packaged Gas Furnace and AC is Energy Star rated with a 2-stage compressor. The 15 SEER cooling is enough to lower utility bills when this model replaces an older gas/electric unit. The 2-stage cooling offers better climate control than single-stage models, as well as removing more humidity during each cycle. This is one of the top-rated gas packs on the market among consumers, and it is backed by a very good warranty.
This Carrier Infinity Series gas furnace and AC packaged model 48XL review gives all the details you need as you consider this unit for your home. We include prices too, so you can compare packaged units head to head in all the important areas. If other types of HVAC systems are possible where you live, see our HVAC reviews for furnace, air conditioners and heat pumps that offer more efficient service than packaged units can.
Top Features of the Carrier Infinity 48XL Packaged Gas Furnace and AC System
- 15 SEER cooling is Energy Star rated.
- 81% AFUE gas furnace.
- 2-stage compressor for improved climate control and lower humidity.
- Stainless steel heat exchanger is durable and efficient.
- Runs as low as 72 decibels for quiet operation.
- Louvered panels protect better than standard cages while allowing optimum air flow.
- Uses the highly-rated Infinity controller with touchscreen display, Thermidistat or standard thermostat.
- 2-5 ton cooling sizes; 40,000-130,000 BTU heating sizes.
Carrier Infinity Series Gas/Electric Packaged System Model: 48XL Price
As part of the top of the line Carrier Infinity Series, this is an expensive packaged unit. You’ll pay more for this model, but will get very good quality and durability. Carrier has one of the best service records in the industry. Here are current prices for the most popular sizes of this gas/electric system.
2 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas furnace and AC package: $3,669
3 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas furnace and AC package: $4,229
4 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas furnace and AC package: $4,689
5 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas furnace and AC package: $5,239
Carrier Infinity Series 48XL Gas/Electric Packaged System Warranty
This system is backed by a very solid set of warranties. The stainless steel heat exchanger has a lifetime warranty. There’s a 10-year general parts warranty and a 5-year warranty on copper coil models. Choosing a plated coil is an option, and comes with a 10-year warranty.
Maximizing Efficiency and Durability
When a gas/electric system is not installed correctly, the efficiency of the unit will suffer and so will the durability. It’s best to get at least 3 written estimates and then have your system installed by the qualified contractor with the best experience with package units. When you do, your Carrier Infinity Series 48XL gas furnace and air conditioner system will give you the long-term performance you expect from Carrier’s best line.
You Might Also Like
- Carrier Infinity Series 48xl Gas Pack Review
- Carrier Infinity Series Packaged HYBRID HEAT Dual Fuel System MODEL: 48XT Review
- Carrier Performance™ Series Packaged HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System Model: 48VT Review
- Carrier Comfort™ Series Packaged 13 SEER HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System Model: 48EZ Review
- Carrier Performance 14 Packaged System 48VL-A Review