Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric Review
The Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit is Energy Star rated and should lower heating and cooling costs by up to 25% when it replaces an older model. The 15 SEER rating places this unit in the top half of market for energy efficiency. This unit is suitable for ground or roof installation and is designed for residential and light-commercial use. As with most gas packs, the furnace is 80% efficient.
This Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric review gives you the details you need in order to evaluate this model for your needs. See all of our packaged unit reviews for comparable models from Trane, Bryant, Carrier and other leading HVAC brands.
Top Features of the Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric Packaged Unit
- 15 SEER cooling is Energy Star rated.
- 80% AFUE is not Energy Star rated.
- Single-stage heating and cooling is typical for packaged units.
- Louvered cabinet protects from weather and yard hazards.
- Compressor blanket and other sound-reduction features reduce noise.
- Powder-coated cabinet resists corrosion.
- Diagnostics protect the compressor and offer faster maintenance and service.
- Run-tested before shipping to ensure proper operation.
Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric Prices
We include prices in our HVAC reviews in order to help you compare models head to head in all the relevant areas. This price for this model is about average for 15 SEER/80% AFUE gas packages. Here are gas package prices for the most popular sizes.
2 ton Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit: $3,649
3 ton Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit: $3,959
4 ton Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit: $4,219
5 ton Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit: $4,479
Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric Package Unit Warranty
This unit has a very good warranty for package units, which typically have shorter warranties because the entire system is installed outside where weather can corrode or damage wiring and other parts. Armstrong covers this gas pack with a 10-year comprehensive warranty that covers the compressor, heat exchanger and all other parts.
Getting the Best Performance from your Gas Package
It is vitally important that any system be properly installed in order to assure reliable operation. When correctly installed, it will also run as efficiently as it should. Get at least 3 written estimates on the Armstrong Air 15 SEER Gas/Electric package unit, and then choose the qualified contractor with the best experience in gas/electric package installation.
You Might Also Like
- Armstrong Air 13 Seer Gas/Electric Review
- Ruud Achiever RRPL Series Self-Contained 14 SEER 2 – 5 Ton Package Gas Electric Unit featuring R-410A Refrigerant Review
- Ruud Ultra Series 16 SEER RRRL SERIES 2 – 5 Ton Package Gas Electric Featuring R-410A Refrigerant Review
- Armstrong Model 418LE 18 SEER Central Air Conditioner Review
- Armstrong Model 414LE 14 SEER Central Air Conditioner Review