American Standard Gold SI Allegiance 13 Central Air Conditioner Review
The American Standard Gold SI is a 14.5 SEER, single-stage AC that offers affordable pricing and good performance. Part of the brands second-best series, it is backed by American Standard’s best warranty. The SEER level is a good choice for cool and moderate climates; in warmer climates, a more efficient model like the American Standard Gold XI or Platinum Series products will do a better job controlling utility costs. This unit used to be called the Allegiance 13, but is now primarily referred to as the Gold SI.
This American Standard Gold SI air conditioner review is designed to give you the facts, so you can evaluate this model for yourself. We include pricing in all our HVAC reviews to help plan the best system for your home.
Top Features of the American Standard Gold SI Allegiance 13 Central Air Conditioner
- Up to 14.5 SEER cooling, but not all sizes are Energy Star qualified.
- Single-stage compressor reduces the cost but doesn’t offer as precise temperature control or humidity reduction as a 2-stage model.
- Heavy-duty galvanized cabinet with powder-coating for durability and appearance.
- Swept-fan blade design runs more quietly than standard fans.
- Old Name: Allegiance 13; New Name: Gold SI
- Seven sizes from 1.5 ton/18,000 BTU to 5.0 ton/60,000 BTU capacity.
American Standard Gold SI Allegiance 13 Central Air Conditioner Price
This is a fairly affordable air conditioner, competitively priced with comparable models from Trane, Lennox, Carrier and other top brands. It costs more than 14-15 SEER models from brands like Goodman, Payne and Aire-Flo. See our central air conditioner reviews for head to head cost comparisons. Here are prices for common models.
2 ton American Standard Gold SI air conditioner: $1,369
3 ton American Standard Gold SI air conditioner: $1,649
4 ton American Standard Gold SI air conditioner: $1,989
5 ton American Standard Gold SI air conditioner: $2,339
American Standard Gold SI Air Conditioner Warranty
This unit is backed by American Standard’s best warranty, offering 10-year coverage on the compressor and all parts. The length of the warranty is slightly above average for second-tier ACs from the leading brands, and better than you’ll find in most value brands.
The Value of Quality Installation
The best way to ensure you’ll get the best performance and durability from your central air conditioner or entire HVAC system is to have it professionally installed. A qualified contractor will set it up properly and coordinate the entire system to run efficiently. When systems are professionally installed, they break down less often and achieve higher efficiency over the course of their lifetime.
You Might Also Like
- American Standard Gold XI Allegiance 15 Central Air Conditioner Review
- American Standard Platinum ZM Allegiance 20 Central Air Conditioner Review
- American Standard Platinum XM Allegiance 16 Central Air Conditioner Review
- American Standard Platinum ZM Allegiance 20 Central Air Conditioner Rating
- American Standard Gold Series XM Gas Pack Review