Maytag has a long-standing reputation for dependability and the Maytag M1200 Series air conditioner adds to it an award-winning approach to innovation and efficiency. This may be the most efficient residential central AC currently in production, with a 24.5 SEER rating. Key to its efficiency is the Maytag modulating compressor that only runs on enough power to maintain the precise indoor temperature you want. There's almost no waste and little inefficiency. It's taken the next step forward in lowering operating costs and saving homeowners 50-60% on their cooling costs over models just 10-15 years old. That's one of the reasons we put it on our Top Rated Central Air Conditioners 2013 list.
For homeowners who want to reduce energy consumption to lower utility bills or to pursue a more environmentally responsible lifestyle, this machine is a great choice. On the other hand, if you live in a cooler climate and don't use AC heavily, you won't get your money's worth from this one since its price is relatively high. This HVAC reviews post will summarize the key features of this model and then looking at pricing and more. Its features include:
- Up to 24.5 SEER, an Energy Star product that leads the industry.
- Innovative modulating rotary compressor produces just enough cooling to keep temperature precisely controlled.
- Maytag iQ Drive technology works within a matching system to create precise, balanced and comfortable indoor comfort.
- The iQ Drive controller offers humidity settings from 35% to 70% while air conditioning.
- R-410A refrigerant (brand name Smart Cool 410) is safer for the environment and also more efficient.
- iQ Zone offers zoned cooling for up to 8 zones.
- Runs as low as 900 rpm (most units run at 3600 rpm) for efficient and quiet operation.
- Permanently lubricated motor reduces maintenance time and expense.
- One-piece top offers better protection while allowing maximum air flow.
- Brushed stainless steel cabinet is durable, attractive and resistant to corrosion.
- Accessories include: UV air purifier, humidifier and electronic air cleaner.
- Top-rated in central air conditioner reviews for reducing energy bills and providing balanced indoor comfort.
Maytag M1200 Air Conditioner Prices
This unit is expensive, and that should be expected with the leading edge technology and very high efficiency. Here are price samples we've noted. If you get a dealer quote, the prices may differ based on many factors including the cost of living in your area.
2 ton Maytag M1200 central air conditioner: $3,179
3 ton Maytag M1200 central air conditioner: $3,349
4 ton Maytag M1200 central air conditioner: $3,769
5 ton Maytag M1200 central air conditioner: $4,179
Maytag M1200 Central Air Conditioner Warranty Information
As you would expect, this model is backed by one of the better warranties in the business. The entire package is covered by a 12-year limited warranty. At the dealer's discretion, they may also offer 12-year coverage for labor.
Professional Installation is the Only Way to Go
We end our Maytag M1200 Series 24.5 SEER central air conditioner review by mentioning the importance of competent installation. The reality is, a poor installation job can turn this innovative and efficient AC into a 14 SEER run of the mill air conditioner. A skilled HVAC professional will have the tools and expertise to install, set up and adjust the entire system to provide the highest efficiency and the maximum indoor comfort. That's why we recommend that you hire a qualified contractor to install this unit. You're making a major investment with a complete HVAC system and it is important that it begin to pay you back in the form of dramatically reduced cooling bills and in greatly improved home comfort.