Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX Gas Pack Review
Lennox makes a quality lineup of package units and the Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX is their top of the line. Like all Signature Series HVAC systems, it uses Lennox's best components and offers precise control of indoor climate. This is achieved with 2-stage operation and a variable speed blower. The system runs on low about 65% of the time to provide balanced heating and air conditioning along with more consistent humidity control and air filtration. The Lennox 15GCSX gas/electric package unit is a good choice in moderate to warm climates because the 15 SEER performance will reduce energy costs significantly. It is also popular in residential and commercial settings where indoor air quality must be high. Before we look at information about pricing, warranty and installation, here are the top features of the Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack.
- 15 SEER air conditioning; 78% AFUE heating. Energy Star qualified.
- 2-stage scroll compressor for quieter, more efficient operation.
- R-410A refrigerant is chlorine-free and is safe for the environment.
- PureAir air purification system is an option for even cleaner air.
- Tubular heat exchanger delivers superior heat transfer and durability.
- Heavy-gauge galvanized steel cabinet offers excellent protection of components.
- Powder-paint finish is resistant to corrosion, fading, chips and scratches.
- Residential models available from 2 ton to 5 ton capacity.
Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX Price
This is an expensive package unit and some consumers believe they pay a premium for the Lennox name plate on it. That is a criticism heard in some Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack review posts. It does have a good track record for reliability however, and others feel the higher price point is justified. These gas pack prices are consistent with top of the line gas/electric package units from Carrier, Trane and others.
3 ton Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack: $3,929
4 ton Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack: $4,199
5 ton Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack: $4,329
Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX Warranty
The warranty package on this model is fair, not great. Lennox offers a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger; 10-year limited warranty on the compressor; 5-year limited parts warranty on the coil and other parts.
Protect your Investment by Hiring a Pro to Install It
The Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX is an expensive investment in indoor comfort. Unfortunately, a bad job of installing this Lennox gas/electric package unit can reduce its efficiency level as well as its reliability. The way to ensure you get the performance you expect from the Lennox Signature Collection 15GCSX gas pack is to have it installed by a qualified contractor with good experience and a track record for quality. The pros have the training, the expertise and the tools to install the unit correctly and then tune and test it for optimal performance. Don't cut corners on installation. Have a professional install it and get the most from your investment in the years ahead.
You Might Also Like
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC21 Central Air Conditioner Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XP21 Heat Pump Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XP17 Heat Pump Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XPG15 Heat Pump Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection Model Number 023V Oil Furnace Review