Carrier Infinity Series 48xl Gas Pack Review
Infinity Line products like the Carrier Infinity Series 48XL gas pack offer consumers the best that Carrier has to offer. Their best components, highest performance and the premium Infinity controller are all offered with this package. The Carrier Infinity 48XL gas/electric package unit is the most efficient gas pack that Carrier makes and is Energy Star rated. In this Carrier Infinity 48XL gas pack review, we summarize the key features of this model before providing sample gas pack prices for you to compare with other models under consideration. Here are those features:
- Up to 15 SEER cooling; 81% AFUE heating. Energy Star qualified.
- 2-stage scroll compressor produces balanced temperatures.
- Ideal Humidity system uses a variable-speed blower and produces superior humidity control and air filtration.
- High-pressure and loss of charge switches protect the compressor.
- Uses environmentally safe Puron, also known as R-410A.
- 2 ton to 5 ton capacity models.
- Furnace employs a stainless steel heat exchanger for greater longevity.
- Direct spark ignition.
- Louvered grill offers protection without impeding air flow.
- 40,000 Btu to 130,000 Btu capacity models.
- Uses Carrier Thermidistat or Carrier Infinity Controller.
- Low-noise features reduce operating level to just 72 decibels.
Carrier Infinity 48XL Gas Pack Prices
Gas pack prices vary based on the capacity of the gas furnace included in the system. In addition, dealers set their own pricing within parameters given by Carrier. These price samples will give you an idea of what to expect if you seek estimates from local dealers.
3 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas pack: $3,799
4 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas pack: $4,029
5 ton Carrier Infinity 48XL gas pack: $4,479
Carrier Infinity 48XL Gas Pack Warranty
Carrier offers a solid warranty package on this Carrier gas/electric package unit. The heat exchanger comes with a lifetime limited warranty; a 10-year limited parts warranty covers all functional parts; the standard coil comes with a 5-year limited warranty while the optional tin-plated coil carries a 10-year limited warranty.
Professional Installation is Essential
The Carrier Infinity 48XL gas pack is a complex HVAC system that requires accurate installation, tuning, and programming to live up to its potential. It is not a job for even very skilled DIY homeowners. If there is a concern with this unit it is that if it isn't installed correctly it will not run as efficiently as it should and also be subject to mechanical problems. It makes sense to have an experienced, qualified contractor handle the installation to ensure that you will get the performance, efficiency and durability you expect from this investment.
You Might Also Like
- Carrier Infinity Series Packaged Gas Furnace and Air Conditioner System Model: 48XL Review
- Lennox Elite Series 13GCSX Gas Pack Review
- Carrier Infinity Series Packaged HYBRID HEAT Dual Fuel System MODEL: 48XT Review
- American Standard Gold Series XM Gas Pack Review
- American Standard Platinum Series ZM Gas Pack Review