Trane XL16c Gas Pack Review
The Trane XL16c gas pack is Trane’s best gas/electric package unit. It is stocked with some of Trane’s best components like the 2-stage Climatuff compressor and a variable-speed blower motor. These features offer the homeowner very precise control over the indoor climate in their home, with balanced temperatures, Comfort-R humidity control when cooling, and better air filtration throughout the year. This model is a good choice in moderate to warm climates where the 16.6 SEER for cooling will lower energy consumption and costs by up to 40% when replacing an older gas pack. The efficiency for heating is only 80% and this may be a drawback in cooler climates. However, very few gas packs offer better efficiency for heating. We will continue this Trane XL16c gas pack review with a summary of its top features before providing information on pricing, warranty and installation. Here are those top features:
- Up to 16.6 SEER cooling; 80% AFUE heating.
- 2-stage Climatuff compressor is one of the highest rated in the HVAC industry.
- Variable-speed Vortica blower and 2-stage operation provide greater home comfort.
- Comfort-R system runs the fan consistently on low for increased dehumidification when cooling.
- Aluminum-fin coil transfers heat rapidly and resists corrosion.
- Stainless steel heat exchanger and burners are corrosion-resistant and durable.
- Powder-paint finish resists fading, rust, chips and scratches.
- Louvered sides offer good air flow as well as protection.
- Rounded cabinet corners are safer.
- 3, 4, and 5 ton capacities available.
Trane XL16c Gas Pack Prices
This is the top of the line from Trane and that is reflected in these gas pack prices. However, with the energy-efficient condensing unit, it will also lower energy bills substantially. Here are price samples for the Trane XL16c Gas Pack.
3 ton Trane XL16c gas pack: $3,479
4 ton Trane XL16c gas pack: $3,729
5 ton Trane XL16c gas pack: $3,999
Trane XL16c Gas Pack Warranty
Trane offers a very good, comprehensive warranty package on this model. If provides a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger, a 12-year limited warranty on the compressor, a 10-year warranty on the coil and all functional parts.
Professional Installation Ensures Performance and Longevity
HVAC systems requires proper installation in order to run as efficiently as they should, with minimum problems. The Trane XL16c Gas Pack will deliver the efficient and durable performance it is capable of when a qualified contractor installs it correctly. Look for a certified, experienced Trane technician to handle the installation and you’ll get better value from this gas pack in the long-run.