Bryant makes one of the most dynamic ranges of heat pumps in the industry and their Bryant Preferred Series Model 226A 16.5 SEER heat pump is part of their “better” series, as in good, better, best. This mid-range model offers very good efficiency and quality components and will allow most consumers to save significantly on energy bills when it replaces an older unit. It’s a good choice in warm to moderate climates where a high-efficiency air conditioner is essential for keeping cooling costs under control. And as many Bryant Preferred Series Model 226A 16.5 SEER heat pump review articles mention, this model is dual fuel compatible, meaning it can be used to heat by itself, with the addition of one or more heat strips, or by matching it to a gas furnace. Here’s a deeper look.
Key Features of the Bryant Preferred Series Model 226A 16.5 SEER Heat Pump
- Up to 16.5 SEER for cooling; 9.5 HSPF for heating.
- Tax Credit eligible / Energy Star.
- 2-stage scroll compressor offers more balanced heating and cooling along with quieter operation.
- Puron refrigerant is very efficient and also safer for the environment.
- Internal pressure switches and thermal overload shut-off protect the unit.
- Onboard diagnostics monitor system function and report any issues using fault codes.
- Uses a standard thermostat, Evolution controller, or thermidistat for humidity control.
- Filter drier enhances performances and longevity.
- Aero-Quiet design offers multiple features to reduce noise to just 70 db.
- Dual fuel capability for greater flexibility and cost savings.
- DuraGuard Plus protection package in the housing keeps internal components safe.
- Powder-coated case resists corrosion and chips.
- Units available from 2.0 to 5.0 ton capacity.
- Ranked as one of the best in its class in heat pump reviews.
Bryant Preferred Series Model 226A 16.5 SEER Heat Pump Prices
We monitor the market place to bring you the latest prices on the models we review. This heat pump can be found at wholesale HVAC prices that will save you money on your purchase. Here is a sampling of current market prices for the Bryant Preferred Series 226A heat pump.
2.5 ton Bryant Preferred Series 226A heat pump: $2,699
3 ton Bryant Preferred Series 226A heat pump: $2,999
4 Bryant Preferred Series 226A heat pump: $3,299
4 ton Bryant Preferred Series 226A heat pump and air handler: $5,499
Bryant Preferred Series Model 226A 16.5 SEER Heat Pump Warranty
The Bryant warranty is a 10-year limited warranty that covers the compressor and all functional parts. Extended warranties that cover labor are also offered.
Enjoy Superior Climate Control
When you purchase a quality heat pump like the Bryant 226A you want to it to give you outstanding climate control in all weather conditions. The best way to do that is to make sure it is properly installed, otherwise efficiency and performance may suffer. Let a qualified contractor handle the installation as the best means of obtaining the 16.5 SEER/9.5 HSPF efficiency you expect, along with all the comfort features built into this unit. It takes skill and the necessary equipment to install this unit and have it run as it should – and when it does you’ll save money on energy costs and repairs throughout the life of the system.