Trane’s lineup of quality gas furnaces provides a range of options for efficiency and performance. The Trane Two-Stage XL90 gas furnace falls about mid-range in both categories, making it a popular choice for those wanting to save money both now and later! We’ve completed our Trane Two-Stage XL90 Gas Furnace Review and include it here as part of our HVAC reviews database to help you compare prices and features of today’s leading brands and models.
Key Features of the Trane Two-Stage XL90 Gas Furnace
- Outstanding AFUE of 92% or better.
- 2-stage heating prevents temperature swings and assures balanced heating and cooling throughout your home.
- 4-speed blower motor for quieter, gentler heating and cooling.
- Compact cabinet size makes for easier installation in most situations.
- Cabinet is fully insulated and made from heavy-duty galvanized steel, powder coated for durability and appearance.
- Onboard self-diagnostics.
- Sealed combustion uses outside air only and is ignited by a durable silicon nitride starter.
- One-piece heat exchanger for longer durability and functionality.
- Washable filter – Furnace also equipped for optional CleanEffects electronic air purifier.
- Upflow and downflow models can be converted for horizontal operation.
- Size offered are approximately 55,000, 74,000, 93,000 and 110,000 Btu’s.
- Gas furnace reviews of the Trane XL90 recommend it for both energy savings and low price.
Trane Two-Stage XL90 Gas Furnace Prices
Contractors will rarely quote equipment prices over the phone but we are able to offer these from readers who sent them in:
Trane Two-Stage XL90 55,000 Btu gas furnace: $1,249
Trane Two-Stage XL90 110,000 Btu gas furnace: $1,485
Prices vary quite a bit, and so does the cost of installation. These will give you good ballpark numbers as you research information on the gas furnaces you are considering.
Trane Two-Stage XL90 Warranty
Trane stands behind their products with one of the industry’s better warranties. It gives you 20-year limited coverage on the heat exchanger and 10-year limited coverage on all functional parts. Send in the registration card within 60 days or register online.
Don’t Overlook Quality Installation
Ask HVAC experts without a vested interest in the installment business and they will tell you that the quality of the installation job is half the equation for getting the efficiency and performance you want from your investment. Hire a qualified contractor with the experience, skill set and specialized tools to install, setup and test your unit to insure proper and safe operation. You’ll get the highest cost savings, best durability and greatest safety when it’s installed by a pro!