American Standard has prided themselves on making quality heating and cooling equipment for over a century and one way this shows is in their commitment to offering various models to meet the demands of a range of consumers. The American Standard Gold XI Heritage 15 heat pump offers a good balance of Energy Star efficiency with a price point below that of the industries “bleeding edge” heat pumps. In this American Standard Gold XI Heritage 15 heat pump review we’ll point out key features of the unit and share some prices we’ve uncovered. As is our goal in all our HVAC reviews, we hope the information will help you make a decision that works for you on your next HVAC purchase.
Key Features of the American Standard Gold XI Heritage 15
- Up to 16.5 SEER for cooling; up to 9.0 HSPF for heating – eligible for the federal home energy tax credit.
- Energy Star certified to use less energy.
- Spine fin coil for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- Patented Duration compressor has a track record of reliability.
- Compatible with other American Standard components to optimize system efficiency and performance.
- Uses R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant which is also more efficient than R22.
- 7 sizes available from 1.5 ton to 5 ton, with 12,000 Btu of heating capacity per ton.
American Standard Gold XI Heritage 15 Prices
Gold XI Heritage 15 2.5 ton / 30,000 Btu heat pump only: $3,279
Gold XI Heritage 15 3.5 ton / 42,000 Btu heat pump only: $4,239
Gold XI Heritage 15 3 ton / 36,000 Btu heat pump with matching air handler: $5,279
Gold XI Heritage 15 4 ton / 48,000 Btu heat pump with matching air handler: $6,099
American Standard Gold XI Heritage 15
This unit is backed by American Standard’s solid 10-year limited warranty on all functional parts, along with 1-year labor coverage. Extended warranty options are available for additional cost.
Have it Properly Installed for Optimal Performance
While many DIY enthusiasts can do amazing work at home, this is one project that experts suggest you leave to a qualified contractor. For one, you may void your warranty by installing it yourself. Secondly, the professionals do this every day and have the experience and the tools to do it properly and guarantee the highest operational efficiencies from your equipment. Quality installation is just as important as a quality heat pump! By the way, you may want to peruse more heat pump reviews on our site to compare prices and features before you make your purchase.