Trane XL20i Heat Pump Review
In Trane’s century-plus history they’ve made some phenomenal heating and cooling components, and the Trane XL20i Heat Pump is among the best ever. It delivers world-class fuel economy and tremendous comfort in every season. HVAC reviews rave about its features and efficiency, and they are certainly impressive. This unit has earned a spot on our Top Rated Heat Pumps 2013 list. Here’s what our review of this unit uncovered.
Top Features of the Trane XL20i Heat Pump
- It begins with fuel efficiency: 19 SEER for cooling and 9.0 HSPF for heating, both Energy Star ratings.
- Qualifies for the federal energy efficiency tax credit.
- Two Climatuff compressors are part of the package, with the larger compressor kicking in during extremely hot weather.
- Comfort-R technology uses fan management to lower humidity in warm weather and reduce temperature fluctuations.
- R-410A refrigerant is chlorine-free and environmentally friendly. It is also more efficient than older R22 refrigerant.
- ComfortLink II Communicating system works with other Trane Communicating components to ensure highest performance and efficiency.
- Telephone Access Module available to access and control the system from your phone.
- Multi-stage fan is quieter and more energy-efficient.
- CleanEffects compatible when the purest air possible is required or desired.
- Strong, durable Weatherguard top for optimal protection of components.
- DuraTuff base pan will not rust.
Trane XL20i Heat Pump Prices
As Trane’s best heat pump, the XL20i can be expensive, but fuel savings are fantastic. Here are some numbers we found.
Trane XL20i 2 Ton, 24,000 Btu heat pump, installed, $8,850
Trane XL20i 4 Ton, 48,000 Btu heat pump, installed, $12, 425
Trane XL20i Heat Warranty
This unit comes protected by Trane’s best limited warranty. In covers the compressors for 12 years, the outdoor coil and all internal functional parts for 10 years. Extended warranties that cover labor beyond 1 year are also available. When the heat pump is installed as part of a complete XLi Comfort system, the 10-year warranty covers all the other system components.
Ensure Optimal Performance with Quality Installation
This ultra-high efficiency heat pump will deliver incredible comfort throughout even the most extreme weather – if it is properly installed, set up, adjusted and tested for performance. Only a qualified contractor is fully trained to properly install and set up the heat pump to guarantee the best operating results. After paying to have the most fuel-efficient heat pump currently available, take the necessary step to ensure you are getting what you paid for by hiring a local professional to install it. You’ll also have qualified, experienced help at hand should the system ever need maintenance or repair.