Trane keeps pushing the envelope to develop cutting edge HVAC units with the absolute highest energy-saving ratings available. The Trane XL16i Heat Pump delivers eye-popping efficiency numbers while giving you all of the performance features you need to make your home comfortable in every season. Our HVAC Reviews section takes a look at this innovative and hard working heat pump that is a bestselling choice where the climate is hot, moderate or cool.
Key Features of the Trane XL16i Heat Pump
- The Trane XL16i delivers incredible economy as well as the performance that will keep your home very comfortable in all 12 months.
- An incredible 18 SEER cooling number combined with a stellar 9.0 HSPF for heating efficiency makes this one of the most fuel-efficient heat pumps currently in production.
- 4 sizes available including 2.0 Ton, 24,000 Btu, 3.0/36,000 Btu, 4.0/48,000 Btu and 5.0/60,000 Btu.
- New R-410A eco-friendly refrigerant.
- ComfortLink II Communicating Capability synchs all Trane components together for optimal functionality of the entire system, producing the greatest energy savings possible.
- Add the innovative Telephone Access Module (TAM) and you’ll enjoy the ability to modify the climate in your home from your phone/cell phone wherever you are. You’ll never again return home to a house that is uncomfortably hot or cold.
- 2-stage cooling and heating uses less energy than single-stage operation and produces more consistent temperature.
- Eco-friendly R-410A refrigerant
- Add the proprietary CleanEffects air purification system when air that meets the highest standards of purity is a necessity.
- Cabinet features that enhance performance and longevity include the WeatherGuard II top, the Climatuff compressor, the variable speed fan motor and the full-side louvers that offer excellent protection without limiting performance.
Trane XL16i Prices
Trane XL16i 2.5 Ton heat pump with matching air handler, installed with all additional materials and costs, $7,445.
Trane XL16i 4 Ton heat pump with matching air handler, installed with all additional materials and costs, $9,350.
Trane XL16i Warranty
This unit carries Trane’s best coverage, a 12-year limited warranty on the compressor, 10 years on the outside coil and all moving parts. When the unit is part of a total XLi Comfort system, the warranty extends to the furnace, coil, air handler and related equipment. In addition, extended warranties covering labor can be purchased.
Protect Your Investment with Proper Installation
When you invest a significant amount of money into your HVAC system you want to make sure that investment pays off. Have a professionally qualified contractor install your XL16i so that the setup is done correctly at it operates at peak efficiency. You’ll enjoy the best climate control possible, save the most on energy and insure the longevity of your heat pump.