Trane is one of the largest manufacturers of heating and cooling equipment in the world. They invest in the kind of research and development that continues to produce more efficient and cost effective components like the Trane XL15i Heat Pump. In our HVAC Reviews section you’ll find reviews on all of today’s leading brands and models, and this Energy Star-qualified unit stacks up as one of the best models available.
Key Features of the Trane XL15i Heat Pump
- This super high efficiency heat pump produces an impressive 16 SEER and 9.0 HSPF so you’ll enjoy cost savings in every season of the year.
- The XL15i is Trane’s quietest single stage heat pump due to low-noise design and the compressor sound insulator.
- The single scroll Climatuff compressor offers efficient and durable performance.
- The louvered side panels provide solid protection and quick access.
- WeatherGuard II Top protects the XL15i from falling debris and other potential causes of damage.
- The industrial coating features baked-on powder paint for a long-lasting, attractive finish.
- Spine-Fin outdoor coil maximizes performance and efficiency.
- The advanced fan system is quiet and adds longevity to the system.
- Add the CleanEffects advanced air filtration system when air purity is essential for those with breathing issues.
Trane XL15i Heat Pump Price
The XL15i is fairly new so prices are not floating around as readily as we’d like. A reader named Pete in Salt Lake City sent us the estimate he received locally.
Trane XL15i 2.5 Ton, 30,000 Btu heat pump with matched air handler, installed with new base pad, copper line set, sheet metal to make correct fit, electrical whip, plus duct cleaning and disposal of old unit: $5,750
Trane XL15i Heat Pump Warranty
Trane offers fantastic protection for this unit with a stellar warranty. The limited warranty covers the compressor for 12 years, with 10-year coverage on the outdoor coil and all functional parts. When installed as part of a Trane XLi Comfort system, the 10 year warranty is extended to cover the furnace, coil, air handler and even the thermostat.
Understand the Value of Correct Installation
Unfortunately, many homeowners spend good money on a high efficiency heat pump only to get standard efficiency performance, or worse. The culprit is usually the installation, not the heat pump! To have the best opportunity to get the performance your system should provide, consult more than one qualified contractor in your area and check references. Hire the one who demonstrates the best general knowledge as well as good familiarity with the Trane XL15i or whatever unit you choose. You’ll get 15 to 20 years of good performance and enjoy the greatest energy/cost savings possible.