Trane XL14i Heat Pump Review
If you are looking for a high efficiency heat pump from one of the most respected names in the industry, you’ll want to take a look at the Trane XL14i Heat Pump. It offers everything you need to maintain a comfortable climate in your home year round while dramatically lowering your energy costs. In addition, you’ll reduce you carbon footprint because it uses the new R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant that does not harm the ozone layer. We’ve been checking out the XL14i and we bring it to you in this installment of our HVAC Reviews.
Key Features of the Trane XL14i Heat Pump
- This energy efficient heat pump has a maximum SEER rating of 15 and an HSPF of 9.85, easily high enough to earn it Energy Star honors and cut your heating and cooling costs every month.
- Climatuff compressor is very efficient and also quiet, aided by a compressor sound insulator.
- The WeatherGuard II top offers better protection against damage from falling debris, leaves and ice. Made from tough polycarbonate material.
- Quick-sess panel offers safe, immediate access to internal wiring and components for inspection and service.
- The integrated fan orifice enhances air flow and maximizes performance.
- The refrigerant filter dryer helps insure system functionality and longevity.
- Galvanized steel louvers and baked on powder paint protect the unit and keep it looking great longer.
Trane XL14i Heat Pump Prices
This heap pump is available in sizes from 1.5 Ton, 18,000 Btu to 5 Ton, 60,000 Btu. Our sample prices include:
Trane XL14i 3 Ton heat pump with variable speed air handler, installed, $5,600
Trane XL14i 4 Ton heat pump with variable speed air handler, installed, $6,699
Trane XL14i Warranty
Trane offers very robust warranties on all of their equipment. The Trane XL14i warranty is 10 years on the compressor and outdoor coil, plus 10 years on all functional parts. When the unit is installed as part of a total XLi system, the warranty extends to the furnace, air handler and related components. Extended warranties covering labor up to 10 year can be added.
Get the Most from your Investment with Professional Installation
The Trane XL14i heat pump is a dynamic unit capable of outstanding service to you and your home. However, to insure the highest level of performance, HVAC experts highly recommend you choose a qualified contractor to do the installation. They are trained in the nuts and bolts of installation and all of the precise settings and adjustments that need to be made and tested in order to insure the highest level of operation. You’ll enjoy the finest heating and cooling, along with the lowest energy bills, when you hire a pro to have the work done.