Trane products like the Trane XB13 Heat Pump are recommended by more customers and contractors than virtually any other brand. They have reputation for solid reliability and prices the average homeowner can afford. The XB13 is a standard efficiency heat pump that delivers very good fuel economy which should reduce fuel costs for most customers that use it to replace an older furnace or heat pump. Our HVAC Reviews looks at the Trane XB13 Heat Pump and offers you the details that will help you consider it for you next HVAC purchase.
Key Features of the Trane XB13 Heat Pump
This unit is a reliable work horse that will deliver quality, affordable service for many years. Here’s what it offers.
- Good efficiency with 13.25 SEER while cooling and 8.50 HSPF while heating are very good, if not great.
- The unit offers lower upfront costs than high-efficiency models, a good choice in moderate climates.
- Trane only uses components tested for durability and high-performance.
- The patented Climatuff scroll compressor is quiet and efficient.
- Standard R-22 and environmentally safe R410A refrigerant are both offered.
- Models of the XB13 are available from 1.5 Ton 18,000 Btu to 5 ton 60,000 Btu.
- The louvered cabinet is sturdy, protecting the compressor and allowing good ventilation and access.
- The galvanized metal is finished with powder-coating industrial paint and resists corrosion and fading.
- The patented Spine Fin outdoor coil is durable and effective.
- The Duratuff base pan is made from non-corrosive material.
Trane XB13 Heat Pump Prices
Trane’s reputation of affordable reliability is demonstrated in these prices we located for you.
Trane XB13 3 Ton, 36,000 Btu heat pump, unit only, $2,225
Trane XB13 2.5 Ton, 30,000 Btu heat pump installed, $3,850
Trane XB13 Heat Pump Warranty
Trane offers a solid warranty on their heat pumps that includes 10-year coverage on the compressor and 5-year coverage on the outdoor coil and parts. Extended warranties are available. Register your unit within 60 days of purchase to insure proper coverage.
Get the Best from your Trane with Professional Installation
Installing a heat pump is a rather complex process because it needs to be integrated with the air handler and other equipment. Setup and testing are vital to fine tuning the unit’s performance to deliver the efficiency it is rated for. That’s why it makes sense to trust the job to a qualified contractor. You’ll get better efficiency and greater durability when the unit is running as it should.