Dave Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump Review
Elite series models like the Dave Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump are mid-level units that offer excellent SEERs at affordable prices. If you select one of these heat pumps you’ll notice a reduction in your utility bills as well as year-round comfort you can rely on. In our HVAC reviews series we turn our attention to the Lennox XP14, and we think you’ll agree that it is a heat pump worth your consideration.
Key Features of the Dave Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump
- The Lennox Elite series takes fuel economy to the next level for sure, and at price that may pay for itself surprisingly fast. Here’s what you’ll get with this reliable unit.
- Energy Star qualifying 16.0 SEER and 9.5 HSPF, 2 robust numbers.
- The XP14 heat pump qualifies for the extended federal energy efficiency tax credit.
- Very quiet operation at just 71 decibels.
- SmartHinge design on the cabinet offers durable protection as well as easy access to interior components and wiring.
- Environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant and fewer emissions of greenhouse gases due to high efficiency operation.
- Dual fuel capable if you want to combine it with a gas furnace.
- Compatible with Lennox Humiditrol whole house dehumidifying system.
Dave Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump Price
We work hard to bring you pricing from those who have installed the Lennox XP14 and this is what we found from two separate contractors, one in South Carolina and one in Santa Fe, NM.
Lennox Elite XP14 2.5 Ton heat pump, Elite series air handler, digital thermostat with installation: $6,825
Lennox Elite XP14 3 Ton heat pump and Elite series air handler with installation: $6,750
The Dave Lennox Elite Series XP14 Heat Pump Warranty
The warranty on this unit is quite good, covering the compressor for 10 years and all other parts for 5 years, with 1 year labor. Lennox does offer an extended warranty on this unit for an additional cost.
Elite Installation Should Accompany an Elite Heat Pump
Home heating and cooling experts strongly state that using an experienced qualified contractor is essential to getting the most from your HVAC system and the sizable investment you have in it. Many systems perform poorly due to improper installation. Sometimes even damage can occur to the unit or the warranty may be voided. Play it smart and enjoy the full extent of the 16 SEER and 9.5 HSPF the XP14 offers.