American Standard is an innovative company with the resources to develop leading edge technologies like those found in the American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 heat pump. It boasts some of the highest efficiency ratings on the market for both cooling and heating processes among all heat pumps. If ultra-high efficiency is your goal, whether to lower energy costs, be as green as possible, or both, this heat pump should get a close look.
In this American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 Heat Pump Review we’ll help you get a clearer picture of this dynamic unit. Other HVAC reviews on our site cover comparable models from Carrier, Trane and others so take time to check them out as well. You may also want to see our Top Rated Heat Pumps 2013 list. This unit and many like it are the best of 2013.
Key Features of the American Standard Platinum ZM
- Up to 19.0 SEER for cooling; Up to 9.0 HSPF for heating – eligible for federal energy tax credits.
- Energy Star certified to save energy and lower energy costs.
- Equipped with AccuLink to precisely synch all components when installed as a matching system.
- 2 compressors to work at 50% / 100% depending on heating or cooling demands.
- Spine fin coil for enhanced efficiency in all seasons.
- 2-stage heating and cooling for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- Variable speed fan for balanced heating and cooling as well as quiet and efficient operation.
- Uses new R-410A refrigerant which is more efficient and eco-friendly.
- Enhanced humidity control when cooling.
- Corrosion-resistant coating, fasteners and pan provide longer durability.
- 4 sizes from 2-5 tons and 12,000 Btu heating per ton.
- Highly rated for quality and efficiency in independent heat pump reviews.
American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 Heat Pump Prices
Thanks to readers who pass along their heat pump prices, we can provide several costs for you to compare, keeping in mind that prices vary across the country by up to 20% in some cases.
American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 2 ton / 24,000 Btu heat pump with matching air handler: $5,755
American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 4 ton / 48,000 Btu heat pump only: $4,649
Neither of these prices includes installation.
American Standard Platinum ZM Heritage 20 Warranty
American Standard offers a 10-year limited warranty on their units that covers all functional parts. It also covers labor for up to 1 year. Extended warranties and service plans are available at additional cost.
Get the Best Performance with Quality Installation
Purchasing a high efficiency heat pump like this one represents a significant investment. The only way to protect that investment and get the best return in terms of performance and energy costs savings is to have it installed by a qualified contractor who will make the precision adjustments needed to have it achieving the 19 SEER and 9.0 HSPF you expect. Professional installation will also assure that your warranty will be honored by the manufacturer, so it always makes sense to have it done right.