Dave Lennox Signature Collection SLP98V Variable-Capacity Gas Furnace Review
While most furnaces are fairly similar, there are those furnaces that stand out above the crowd. The Dave Lennox Signature Collection SLP98V is one of those furnaces. It is the quietest, most efficient furnace available on the market today. Boasting a 98.2% AFUE rating, Lennox has a lot to be proud of. This is one of our Top Rated Gas Furnaces 2013 models.
Dave Lennox Signature SLP98V Features
- Up to 98.2% AFUE
- ENERGY STAR® qualified—exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- Self-calibrating variable speed inducer—automatically adjusts for maximum efficiency
- Stainless Steel secondary heat exchanger—time-tested design that captures waste heat
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with an electric heat pump
Lennox is protective of their dealers so finding price information online can be a challenge. However, it does pay to look at what other folks are paying throughout the country to get a ballpark on price. Also, if you can, talk to several Lennox dealers in your area and get competitive bids. Also try taking a look at several Lennox furnace reviews to see what’s being said about prices for various models. That said, here’s what a few Lennox customers are reporting as pricing on the SLP98V:
- SLP98V at 60,000 BTU with an XP16 2-stage heat pump for $6500 – this quote included installation and local sales tax
Dave Lennox Signature Collection Warranty
When you buy a furnace it’s important that you’re happy with the warranty that is included in the purchase price. The SLP98V warranty is:
- 10 Year Limited Parts
- Lifetime Limited Heat Exchanger
There are also extended warranty plans available, including those that cover labor. Talk to your local Lennox dealer for pricing information about their extended warranties. This can also be a great place to negotiate. When it comes down to choosing an installer or dealer, ask them if they’ll discount or throw in the labor warranty.
When it comes time to make your decision, be sure that you’ve lined up a local qualified contractor. For the most part, Lennox furnaces are just not available for purchase online so you’ll need to go through a dealer. That said, some areas often have more than one dealer so call around and get a few quotes in writing. In addition to the final numbers presented, be sure to ask questions and determine the level of knowledge that the installers have. If you’re talking with a salesman, find out who the installer will be and if possible see if you can talk with them before making your purchase. Also find out what the service after the sale policy is of the particular dealer. Another good benchmark is to find out what the standard trip charge is and how much annual maintenance calls will run. Don’t hesitate to check references and be sure to check with the BBB to find out if any complaints have been filed. HVAC reviews are another way to see if any other customers have anything to say about the quality of the dealer.
Lennox is a great brand and the SLP98V is their top of the line gas furnace. If you’re looking for a supremely efficient furnace that offers quiet operation be sure to get a quote on the SLP98v.
You Might Also Like
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection SL280V Variable Speed Gas Furnace Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection SLO183V Oil Furnace Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection Model Number 023V Oil Furnace Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XPG15 Heat Pump Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC21 Central Air Conditioner Review