Dave Lennox Signature Collection SL280V Variable Speed Gas Furnace Review
If you’re looking for an efficient furnace but don’t need a high efficiency furnace then it is well worth your time to take a look at the SL280V gas furnace put out by Lennox. In this review we’ll take a look at the features, pricing, warranty and installation details that you’ll need to know to make an informed decision.
Dave Lennox Signature Collection SL280V Features
- 80% AFUE efficiency
- Improved cooling efficiency if paired with a Lennox air conditioner or heat pump, the SL280V will improve the system’s SEER rating
- Dual-fuel capability—can be combined with an electric heat pump to create a dual-fuel system.
- Sealed blower compartment—minimizes heat losses
- The quietest furnace in its class
- Features Lennox’s SilentComfort™ technology
- Special sound-absorbing materials further reduce sound
- SureLight® igniter—silicone nitride ensures long life and reliable operation
- SureLight control board—controls furnace operation for reliability and efficiency
- Durable steel cabinet
SL280V Gas Furnace Pricing
Lennox pricing information can be hard to come by, however you can find some prices if you do enough research. If a simple internet search doesn’t provide details, HVAC reviews can sometimes also contain pricing information. That said, there is some pricing information available for the SL280V.
- Denver area Lennox dealer has posted the following prices including installation: 70,000 BTU model = $3050, 110,000 BTU model = 3,255
When you compare prices be sure to ask about prices for the 98.2% efficiency furnace as well. The ongoing costs of fuel will far surpass the upfront cost of the furnace given enough time. If the prices of the two furnaces are relatively close it will make more sense to go with a higher efficiency furnace.
Lennox Signature Warranty
The Lennox SL280V is backed with the following warranty:
- 10 Year Limited Warranty on Parts
- 20 Year Limited Warranty on the Heat Exchanger
Lennox also offers extended warranties that increase the warranty period. You can also purchase extended warranties that include labor. Talk to your local Lennox dealer about these upgrades. Having labor covered in particular can be a tremendous savings should your furnace ever be in need of repair. If you’ve been spending any time reading Lennox furnace reviews then you’ll know that while Lennox is reliable when something goes wrong parts and labor can be spendy. If you can find a way to offset these costs then you’re well ahead of the game.
Quality Installation is Important
When it comes time to make a final decision, be sure to factor in the installation work. Find a local qualified contractor and be sure to check their references. If possible, talk to three different contractors or dealers and get their quotes in writing. Spend some time talking to them and see what their recommendations are and what their reasoning is. You can get a good idea of the quality of their work by the way they evaluate your situation. Don’t go with the lowest bid, but instead balance price with the experience of the installer. Be sure to check BBB ratings as well as they can be telling.
The SL280V is a quiet furnace that is one of the best in its class. That said, it would be worth comparing this furnace to it’s big brother, the SLP98V with the 98.2 % efficiency to see how the prices compare.
You Might Also Like
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection SLP98V Variable-Capacity Gas Furnace Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection Model Number 023V Oil Furnace Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XC21 Central Air Conditioner Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XP17 Heat Pump Review
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection XP21 Heat Pump Review