Buying a furnace is a major investment. If you're considering purchasing a Payne, it's a good idea to read up on Payne furnace reviews to ensure that it's the right type of furnace for your home. In this review we'll give you an overview of the Payne company, some details about one of Payne's highest efficiency units – the PG9UAA Dedicated Upflow Variable–Speed 95% AFUE Condensing Gas Furnace – and we'll also provide some information about warranty and installation.
Payne Company History
D.W. Payne and his sons first started in L.A. in 1914. They built gravity furnaces out of a converted barn and slowly expanded their product line and their distribution channels. In 1974, Carrier formed the BDP company, of which Payne became a part of. Today Payne furnaces are available throughout the country and are still manufactured with the same quality principles the company was founded with.
PG9UAA Features & Benefits
This is the jewel in Payne's crown of furnaces. If you're looking for a high efficiency furnace at a reasonable price, take a look at the PG9UAA. Here are just some of its remarkable benefits:
- Three–Pass Primary Heat Exchangers—This system increases heat transfer and uses heat that other type exchangers throw away. The main exchanger is made of aluminized steel which resists corrosion.
- Flow–Through Secondary Heat Exchangers—Each cell is coated with an advanced formula of polypropylene for resistance to corrosion. It's also coated with epoxy to prevent oxidation. This is a newer, patented technology that will help to extend the life of the furnace.
- Robust Igniter—A unique SiN igniter that can run at line voltage and doesn't require voltage regulators which is a step up from other manufacturers. This is just one of the ways that Payne shows its commitment to improving technology and durability.
- Fan On Plust—Increases home comfort by allowing you to use your thermostat control to choose the fan speed.
- SmartEvapt—Reduces summer humidity up to 10%
- Multiple flow designs – The PG9UAA is available in 5 different airflow/heat configurations.
Payne products come with a 10 Year Limited Warranty. You'll need to register your warranty within 90 days of purchase however, otherwise the warranty is only for 5 years. Payne also states in their warranty information that they will not extend the warranty to any equipment purchased on the internet. So when shopping for a Payne furnace, be sure to consider whether or not a warranty is worth the price discount you're likely to find online.
The type of furnace you buy will make some difference in the comfort level of your home and the efficiency of the fuel it burns. However, the biggest part of what makes a furnace a GOOD furnace is the quality of the installation work. Be sure to call a number of local, licensed HVAC contractors to get bids. Make sure they come out to the house and look at your situation. Ask for reference and take notes. Only trust written bids. Also, check with the Better Business Bureau to be sure they are a company in good standing.
Payne has been long known for their durability and dedication to quality. Reading Payne furnace reviews can help you make the right choice – we hope you've found ours to be of help.