Gas Furnace Wholesale Deals
Getting a good deal on any kind of purchase is just a matter of doing your homework. Take a little time before purchasing a gas furnace wholesale to research several merchants. There are some amazing deals to be found, but buying a gas furnace wholesale is not without its drawbacks. Our guide will outline some of the benefits and a few of the pitfalls to watch out for.
Things to Know about Buying HVAC Wholesale
- Most HVAC manufacturers (Carrier is one example) will honor warranties on any equipment purchased online. Not having a warranty can add to your expenses down the road if there is any trouble with the furnace. On the other hand, many furnaces operate for years without any problems at all. You’ll need to determine for yourself whether or not saving money on the initial purchase is worth not having a warranty.
- Shipping costs can be high. If you purchase from an online dealer or a merchant who is not local, be aware that shipping a gas furnace can be expensive. Because furnaces are bulky and heavy they can’t go via UPS or FedEx. Most of the time they have to be shipped via truck on a palette. When you’re used to paying FedEx or UPS rates for shipping, trucking prices can come as a shock. Before you place your order, get an exact written quote for the shipping to make sure that it’s still a good deal.
- You’ll need to do your own home evaluation or hire a local HVAC technician to come out and determine what size furnace will best heat your home. If you’re replacing an existing furnace that has worked well then you may be able to use the specifications of the old furnace when shopping for a new one.
- Be sure to ask whether or not the equipment is new. Some places sell refurbished furnaces. Buying refurbished can be OK as long as you don’t think you’re buying new.
Places to Shop
When you’re looking for a gas furnace at a great price there are a few places to check out.
- Local Dealers – If you can find a local dealer who can offer you a discount close to wholesale prices, it’s probably in your best interest to work with them. Buying locally means you’ll save on shipping costs. If they’re a registered dealer you may also be able to maintain your warranty.
- eBay and Online merchants – You can find almost any kind of HVAC equipment online. You’ll need to know exactly what kind of furnace you want and most purchases are final. (Even if you did were allowed to return it, you’d have to pay return freight.)
Before you buy your furnace, try to line up an HVAC installation tech or company. Unless you’re familiar with installing furnaces yourself, you’ll need professional assistance. The quality of the installation can make all the difference in whether the furnace operates efficiently or not. Also, a professional installation will ensure that the furnace will operate safely and not back draft toxic gasses into the home.
Getting a gas furnace wholesale can save money, without a doubt. If you’re OK with not having a warranty and if you can line up your own installation help it just may be the way to go.
You Might Also Like
Filed under Gas & Oil Furnaces · Tagged with