The Infinity 96 gas furnace from Carrier, is billed as one of the most intelligent and highest quality furnaces for consumers who simply want the best furnace for their indoor comfort! The Carrier Infinity 96 Furnace is just one part, the part that handles gas heat, of the full “Infinity System”, which is a total solution for heating, cooling and indoor air quality.
Carrier Infinity Furnace
At 96.6 AFUE (just like gas mileage, higher is better) the carrier infinity furnace claims to have one of the highest efficiency ratings available! When you start taking a closer look however, you really need to watch out for what you are getting, and work very closely with your HVAC Contractor, to make sure your specific size and poise is eligible for the $150 energy tax credit.
Carrier Infinity 96 Specifications
The Carrier 96 Infinity Gas Furnaces come in every size, to fit every home! Your contractor will tell you which is right for your home, since with Infinity units and the multiple stage burners and variable speed blower, the whole system truly needs to be taken into consideration, much more than other systems!
- Up to 96.6% AFUE Efficiency
- 10-year parts limited warranty when properly registered
- Lifetime limited warranty on heat exchanger
- ENERGY STAR – As an ENERGY STAR partner, Carrier Corporation has determined that the Infinity® 96 gas furnace meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency!
- Infinity Thermostat Control as well as Thermidistat
- Onboard diagnostics with over 70 parameters
- 40,000 – 120,000 BTUH Heating Capacity
- Variable-speed blower motor
- Aluminized Steel Primary Heat Exchanger
- Serpentuff Polypropylene-coated Secondary Heat Exchanger
- Natural Gas or easily convertible to liquid propane
- 4-way multipoise design means one unit for several applications
The Real World Carrier Infinity Furnace Reviews
We have (2) Infinity systems in our own home, and have sold hundreds to others! Plain and simple, if you are going to decide to take the plunge for one of the highest quality systems on the market, don't do it halfway! As we have repeatedly stated here and at on other HVAC Forums, the Carrier Infinity System is designed to be a total solution, not a piecemeal solution.
In other words – choosing only the Infinity furnace, or only the air conditioner, will not allow you to reap the full benefits of the Carrier Infinity System! If you decide to get a free carrier quote, make sure the contractor understands that you want to install at minimum:
- Carrier Infinity Gas Furnace
- Infinity Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
- Infinity Control Thermostat
There are other components to the infinity system, but as long as you have the major equipment in place to begin with, you can add the others later with very little hassle!
Cost of a Carrier Infinity Furnace
The price you pay for a Carrier infinity Furnace is truly going to vary, based on the HVAC Contractor you are working with, their own wholesale pricing levels from Carrier and of course, the variable they will charge you to install the furnace. By itself, wholesale Carrier Infinity Furnaces cost approximately $1100 for a 40k btu furnace, to more than $1800 for a 120k btu infinity gas furnace.
Many people check on eBay for a Carrier furnace, but you need to beware that Carrier has told us directly, they DO NOT warranty any systems bought on the Internet! (They do allow them to continue to be sold though)
(Learn more about Carrier HVAC Equipment)
Do You Own A Carrier Infinity System?
If so, please leave your own reviews below, as well as where you live and what the system cost you (Approx)
Other Places to Learn More about Carrier Infinity Furnaces